This RushCare Technology Solutions Platform User Agreement (this “Agreement”) is between you, the registrant, and any company or organization represented by the registrant ("Customer," "you" or "your," as applicable) and Rush Administrative Services, Inc. on behalf of itself and its affiliates (“Rush,” “we” or “our,” as applicable) and governs your use of the RushCare Technology Solutions Platform, which includes all Rush websites, portals and Rush Services (as defined in Section 1), (collectively, the "Platform") as well as your purchase of any products or services offered on or through the Platform (including Third Party Offerings (as defined in Section 1)). This Agreement sets forth (i) what you are legally allowed to do with the Platform, (ii) general terms applicable to your purchase of any products or services on or through the Platform and (iii) various applicable warranty and remedy limitations and other miscellaneous provisions that form a part of this Agreement.
Rush may revise or update this Agreement and/or post revised or updated Third Party Agreements from time to time in its sole discretion without notice to you. All changes are effective immediately when we post them, and the most current version of this Agreement and any applicable Third Party Agreements will supersede all previous versions. Your continued use of the Platform and the applicable Third Party Offerings means that you accept and agree to the changes. We encourage you to check this page regularly to ensure you are familiar with the most current version of this Agreement and applicable Third Party Agreements.
1. Offerings; Registration. Rush makes available on or through the Platform certain online services provided and licensed herein directly by Rush, including without limitation, tools that help you schedule, track and manage your fleet’s maintenance or repair needs (the “Rush Services”). Rush also makes available on or through the Platform certain third party products and services licensed and/or provided to you directly by the applicable Third Party Licensor (as defined in Section 19) (“Third Party Offerings” and, together with the Rush Services, the “Offerings”). The terms and conditions of this Agreement apply to all orders of Offerings on or through the Platform. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Rush, all Offerings are supplied by Rush under these terms and conditions to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions set out or referred to in any document or other communication used by you prior to or in concluding an Offering Document. To access various portions of the Platform and some Third Party Offerings, you may be asked to provide certain registration details or other information. You represent and warrant that all information you provide during the registration process and during your use of the Platform is true, accurate, current and complete. You further agree to notify Rush in writing if any of this information changes. If any of the requested registration information you provide is untrue, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, we may immediately terminate this Agreement and any Offering Documents, and your use of the Platform and Rush Services. You may be required to complete a separate registration process to use certain Offerings constituting subscription services. If you have not registered to use a subscription service and executed or otherwise indicated your acceptance of all necessary documentation as described below, you may not access or use that subscription service. In some cases, non-registered users may be permitted to access and review non-restricted areas of an Offering page, but attempting to access restricted areas of the Platform without authorization is prohibited.
2. Username and Password. If you choose or are provided with a username, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to disclose your username, password or other security information to any other person or entity or provide any other person or entity with access to the Platform or any portion of it using your username, password or other security information. You represent and warrant that you are duly authorized to (a) take all actions that may be performed on the Platform and (b) legally bind your organization to pay for any products or services ordered through the Platform. Rush shall have no liability or responsibility to monitor the use of usernames and passwords or the activities that are conducted under such usernames and passwords. YOU ARE ENTIRELY RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD AND FOR ANY AND ALL USE OF THE PLATFORM THAT IS ACCESSED, AND ACTIVITIES THAT ARE CONDUCTED AND FEES THAT ARE INCURRED, UNDER SUCH USERNAMES AND PASSWORDS. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your username or password or any other breach of security. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. We have the right to disable any username, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion if we are of the opinion that you have violated any provision of this Agreement.
3. License, Ownership and Proprietary Rights. Rush grants to you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to access and use the Platform during the term of this Agreement in accordance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement solely for you and your internal business purposes and only as the Platform functionally permits. Except to the extent set forth in this Section, no other right or license of any kind is granted by Rush or its affiliates to you under this Agreement. All rights or privileges not expressly granted to you in this Agreement are reserved by Rush, its affiliates, licensors or other relevant third parties, as applicable. The Platform is licensed, not sold, and you acknowledge that you do not acquire any rights of ownership in the Platform or its content (including without limitation any Source Data, as defined in Section 8). The Platform and its contents, features and functionality (including without limitation all information, Source Data, software, text, displays, images, video and audio, and the design, selection, compilation, collection, arrangement and assembly thereof), including any copies thereof, are owned by Rush, its affiliates, licensors or other third party providers of the material contained therein, and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and/or other intellectual property or proprietary rights laws. You acknowledge that these rights are valid and enforceable and agree that you will not, and you will not permit any third party to, take any actions inconsistent with these rights. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree you will not, and you will not permit any third party to, directly or indirectly access or use any portion of the Platform to build a competitive commercial product or service. You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices and all security mechanisms and devices on any content (including any Source Data) downloaded or copied from the Platform. You must not modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, republish, sell, rent, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Platform, its content (including any Source Data) or any products or services offered on or through the Platform. Modification of any content or use of content (including Source Data) for any purpose other than to the extent necessary for your authorized use of the Platform is a violation of applicable copyright and other proprietary rights, and is strictly prohibited. You must refrain from any Unauthorized Use or Prohibited Activities (each as defined in Section 5 below) specified in this Agreement. Any breach or suspected breach of any term or condition set forth in this Section will result in the immediate termination of the license granted hereunder. The provisions herein applicable to the Platform shall apply equally to any updates, supplements, add-on components or Internet-based service components thereof that Rush may make available to you.
4. Trademarks. The trademarks, logos, service marks, product and service names, designs and slogans displayed on the Platform and the products and services that may be obtained on or through the Platform (collectively, the “Trademarks”) are the registered and unregistered trademarks of Rush or its affiliates, suppliers or licensors, as applicable. Nothing contained on the Platform should be construed as granting to you, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark without the express written permission of Rush or the third party owner of such Trademark.
5. Unauthorized Use; Prohibited Activities; Employee Use. You warrant that you will use the Platform and any products or services you obtain on or through the Platform in accordance with all applicable local, state, federal and international laws, including those related to data privacy, telecommunications and the transmission of technical or personal data. You warrant that no individual within your organization that will be permitted to access the Platform or any products or services you obtain or through the Platform is a “minor” as defined by applicable law. You further warrant that you will not, and will not permit any third party to, make or permit any Unauthorized Use of the Platform, its contents (including without limitation any Source Data), or any products or services offered on or through the Platform. “Unauthorized Use” means use (a) by a minor, (b) by any person or entity other than the individuals within your organization who are expressly authorized and who are aware of the terms of this Agreement and comply with them or (c) by you for, or on behalf of, any other person or entity. You further agree not to do, or permit any third party to do, any of the following (“Prohibited Activities”) while using the Platform, including without limitation while using any content or any products or services offered on or through the Platform:
- Copy, reproduce, publish, upload, post, distribute, license, sublicense, transmit or transfer any portion of the content or information available on or through the
For any of your employees who are permitted to access the Platform and/or any products or services offered on or through the Platform: (a) you must ensure that the number of users accessing and using any products or services ordered by you on or through the Platform does not exceed the number of Licensed Users for which the necessary fees, if any, have been paid under any applicable Offering Documents or Third Party Agreements; (b) you acknowledge that you remain responsible and liable for all acts and omissions of your users in connection with the Platform and any products or services offered on or through the Platform, including without limitation all transactions and fees incurred in connection therewith and any breaches by any such employee(s) of this Agreement or any Offering Documents or Third Party Agreements; and (c) if any such employee ceases to be your employee, you shall immediately terminate such employee’s access to the Platform and any products or services offered on or through the Platform. “Licensed User” as used herein means your employees that are authorized under an Offering Document to access and use a Rush Service under the license granted in Section 3 above.
6. Third Party Websites. The Platform may contain links to other Internet websites, including without limitation websites that are owned or operated by third party manufacturers, suppliers and licensors and links contained in advertisements, including banner advertisements and sponsored links. When Rush makes these links available from the Platform, it has no control over such websites and or any statements or opinions expressed therein, which do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Rush. Rush is not responsible for the content of such third party websites, including without limitation any links contained in such websites, any updates or changes to such websites or the privacy or other practices of such websites, and Rush provides these links to you only as a convenience. These third party websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by Rush. Use of any information from other websites is voluntary, and reliance on them should be undertaken only after an independent review of their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, and quality. Rush shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused, or alleged to be caused, by or in connection with the use of or the reliance upon any information, content, goods or services available on or through any third party websites, and your use of such websites is without warranty of any kind by Rush, whether express, implied or otherwise.
7. Customer Data. As part of your use of the Platform and/or products or services offered on or through the Platform, you may be able to post and upload data and information (including Personal Information as defined below), about your company or organization and its employees, vehicles and operations (“Customer Data“). You are solely responsible for the accuracy, integrity, quality, reliability and right to use the Customer Data. You represent and warrant that you have sufficient rights to post and upload the Customer Data you provide and that none of the Customer Data or its use will: (i) violate any foreign, federal, state or local law or regulation; (ii) infringe any copyright, trademark or other proprietary right of any third party; (iii) violate or infringe upon any party’s privacy right, data protection right, right of publicity or any other right of any person or entity; or (iv) contain any material which is unlawful, hateful, obscene, libelous, threatening or defamatory. In the event that Rush becomes aware that any Customer Data does or may violate the warranties and representations set forth in this Section, Rush may immediately remove or suspend access to such data pending resolution. As used herein, “Personal Information” means any names, addresses or phone numbers in combination with other identifying information relating to an individual, such as dates of birth or social security numbers, and any health or medical information relating to an identified or identifiable individual. You hereby grant to Rush and its affiliates a nonexclusive, sublicensable, worldwide license to use the Customer Data to provide the Platform to you and to provide any products and services ordered by you on or through the Platform, including the right to (a) disclose the Customer Data to third party suppliers or licensors and others in connection with the provision of any products or services ordered by you on or through the Platform and (b) use the Customer Data for marketing and sales purposes. You also authorize Rush and its affiliates to disclose Customer Data in aggregate form without identifying you or your company or otherwise in a format that does not contain company identifiable information.
8. Source Data. As part of one or more of the Rush Services, we may provide you access to a database of information regarding replacement parts and repair operations, which may include pricing data, vehicle information and other similar information (“Source Data”). This Source Data belongs to Rush, its affiliates, licensors or other third party providers of the material contained therein, as applicable, and title to and ownership of such Source Data shall remain with Rush or its applicable affiliate, licensor or other third party provider. Neither Rush nor its affiliates, licensors or other third party providers makes any representations, warranties, guarantees or promises as to the accuracy or completeness of the Source Data. You may use the Source Data only as part of the applicable Rush Service. You acknowledge that the Source Data contains proprietary and confidential information of Rush and/or its affiliates, licensors or other third party providers, that only you are permitted to access the Source Data, and that no ownership rights in the Source Data are granted to you under this Agreement. You agree that you will not copy, reproduce, download, disclose or otherwise make available to any third party the Source Data. You further agree not to use the Source Data except as authorized by this Agreement. You agree to take all commercially reasonable actions to protect the confidentiality of the Source Data.
10. Geographic Restrictions. The owner of the Platform and Rush Services is based in the state of Texas in the United States. We make no claims or representations that the Platform, the products or services offered on or through the Platform (including without limitation the Rush Services) or the content of the foregoing is appropriate or available for use in locations outside the United States. We reserve the right to limit the availability of the Platform or the provision of the products or services offered on or through the Platform to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion.
11. Electronic Communications. Visiting the Platform or sending and receiving emails constitutes electronic communications. You consent to receive electronic communications and you agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically, via email and/or on the Platform, satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
12. Changes to Platform, Products and Services and Availability. We reserve the right at any time to: (a) change the Platform or any portion thereof, including modifying, suspending, eliminating or discontinuing any websites, portals, content or features of the foregoing or any products or services offered on or through the Platform; and/or (b) change any fees or charges for use of the Platform or any products or services obtained on or through the Platform, or any portions thereof. Any changes we make will be effective upon posting such changes on or through the Platform. We are under no obligation to update the content (including without limitation any Source Data) contained on the Platform or in any products or services obtained on or through the Platform, and such content may not always be complete or up-to-date. Rush will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Platform or any products or services obtained on or through the Platform is unavailable at any time or for any period.
13. Transactions and Documents. You understand and agree that the terms and conditions of the Offering Documents and any applicable Third Party Agreements automatically apply (in addition to the terms and conditions of this Agreement) to your use of the relevant Offerings and that by ordering any such Offering(s) you are entering into, and you agree to be bound by the terms of, all applicable Offering Documents and any applicable Third Party Agreements. The applicable Offering Documents and applicable Third Party Agreements for each Offering will be provided electronically and/or in hard copy form by Rush. Upon our request, you agree to separately execute and/or indicate your acceptance of any applicable Offering Documents in electronic or other form. You are responsible, in your sole discretion, for any and all transactions you enter into on or through the Platform with Rush and/or any Third Party Licensor (as defined in Section 19). All transactions will be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, any terms and conditions posted on the page(s) for the applicable Offering, and any terms and conditions contained in applicable Offering Documents and any applicable Third Party Agreements. Rush will have no responsibility, liability or obligation with respect to the consummation of any transaction that may arise as a result of your use of any Offering. In the event of any dispute between you and one of our partners, you will and do hereby release Rush and its employees, affiliates and agents from all claims, demands, damages of every kind and nature, known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, disclosed or undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such dispute. “Services,” as used herein, means any subscription services, delivery, installation, configuration, implementation, integration, consultation, maintenance, technical support or other professional services offered in connection with an Offering.
14. Pricing and Taxes. Pricing and payment terms for Offerings shall be as provided in the Offering Documents and subject to any qualifications set forth herein and therein. Prices set forth in Offering Documents are subject to periodic increases on notice unless otherwise agreed in writing by Rush. Fees for Services (including subscription services) are not always fixed and may be subject to volume or usage of the Services. You commit to accept the billing model and pay the fees in accordance with the deadline specified in the Offering Documents. You are solely responsible to ensure that you understand the billing model offered. All prices are exclusive of applicable federal, state, provincial, municipal and other governmental taxes, fees, duties and levies, however designated or imposed, including but not limited to sales, use, value added, excise and similar taxes (except taxes based on Rush’s net income), as well as import or customs duties, license fees and any other similar charges that are levied or based upon the sale or delivery of the Offerings (collectively, "Taxes"). You are solely responsible for paying all Taxes and remitting the same to the applicable taxing authorities (other than Taxes invoiced by Rush, which shall be remitted to Rush). If Rush is required to collect any such Taxes, you shall pay and remit such Taxes to Rush on demand.
15. Payment. You agree to pay Rush the amounts specified in the Offering Documents for the applicable Offerings in the timeframe and in accordance with the terms set forth therein. If payment terms are not indicated in an Offering Document, all payments are due on your receipt of the applicable invoice. All payments shall be made in U.S. dollars. All delinquent amounts shall accrue interest at the rate of one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month or the maximum rate allowed by law, whichever is less.
16. Security. To secure payment for any product Offerings that constitute goods under the Uniform Commercial Code ("UCC") ordered under an Offering Document (“Products”), you grant to Rush a security interest in, and lien on, such Products, wherever located and whether now existing or hereafter arising or acquired from time to time, and in all accessions thereto and replacements or modifications thereof, as well as proceeds (including insurance proceeds) of the foregoing. The security interest granted under this Section constitutes a purchase money security interest under the UCC. You hereby designate Rush as your attorney-in-fact to execute any financing statements on your behalf and agree to execute any additional documents necessary to perfect such security interest. You agree that Rush shall have the rights and remedies of a secured party under the UCC. Rush reserves all rights granted to a seller under the UCC for your failure to pay for any goods sold or any other breach of this Agreement or the Offering Document by you. In addition to all other remedies available to Rush, Rush may commence proceedings for collection, revoke credit, stop shipment, delay or stop future deliveries, repossess unpaid delivered goods and/or terminate one or more Offering Documents. In the event your account or any part thereof is placed in the hands of an attorney or collection agency for collection, with or without litigation, or for the purpose of enforcing our security interest in an Offering, you agree to pay any and all costs associated with such placement, including without limitation attorneys’ fees and costs incurred in connection therewith. You may not withhold payment of any amounts due and payable as a set-off of any claim or dispute with Rush or its affiliates, licensor or suppliers.
17. Shipment, Title, Risk of Loss and Inspection of Products. Except as otherwise agreed to in writing by Rush, any Products (as defined in Section 16) that you purchase will be shipped FCA (Incoterms 2010) from Rush’s or the third party provider’s facility using the applicable Rush or provider’s carrier of choice in accordance with its standard shipping policies at the time of shipment. Title and risk of loss with respect to Products will transfer to you upon the tender of the Product to the carrier for delivery. Rush is not responsible for loss or damage to Products in the shipment process. Any damage or loss claims must be made to the applicable carrier. You shall be responsible for examining all Products upon receipt and shall note any discrepancy on the bill of lading at the time of delivery and promptly notify Rush (in no event later than five (5) business days after delivery or on the date of pick up) of any claimed discrepancies. Such notice shall be in writing and contain reasonable detail stating the discrepancies. If no notation is made on the bill of lading and such notice is not timely given by you, you hereby agree that such Products will be deemed accepted and you acknowledge that you shall have no claim in respect thereof. It is your responsibility to retain a copy of the bill of lading documenting any discrepancies.
18. Orders, Delivery and Returns. All orders are subject to availability by the applicable licensor. Offerings may be delivered by electronic transmission, electronic access, download or as otherwise provided in the applicable Offering Documents and any applicable Third Party Agreements (or as provided in Section 17 for Products that are shipped). Any delivery dates provided are estimates and are not guaranteed. Returns and refunds with respect to any Offerings shall be subject to the applicable Licensor’s policies and shall not be permitted unless and to the extent such policies expressly provide for the same.
19. Third Party Offerings and Warranties. You understand and agree that Rush may take your order for (and handle billing and collection in connection with) Third Party Offerings. Such Third Party Offerings are made available to you by Rush subject to the applicable end user license agreement and/or other agreement(s) provided by the Third Party Licensor (“Third Party Agreements”). All of your rights and remedies with respect to your use of the Third Party Offerings, including all warranty and liability rights, remedies and limitations, are governed by the applicable Third Party Agreements and Rush does not license, operate, control or provide any delivery, installation, configuration, implementation, integration, consultation, maintenance, technical support or other professional services in connection with Third Party Offerings. A “Third Party Licensor” as used herein, means the legal entity that is the owner and licensor of the intellectual property rights in the specific product and/or service offered by that third party. You may place your order with Rush, but Rush is not a party to any Third Party Agreement and Rush does not license any of these Third Party Offerings directly to you. You acknowledge that the applicable Third Party Agreement(s) will outline all usage rights offered by the Third Party Licensor with respect to the applicable Third Party Offering. You further acknowledge and agree that the applicable Third Party Licensors are responsible in all respects for their respective Third Party Offerings, including without limitation any Services (as defined in Section 13) provided by the Third Party Licensor, and you agree to look solely to such Third Party Licensors for any damages arising from or incurred in connection therewith. Under no circumstances shall Rush be liable for any damages arising from or incurred in connection with any Third Party Offerings. Warranty terms and periods, if any, vary by Third Party Licensor and Third Party Offering. Your rights and remedies with respect to your use of the Third Party Offerings, including maintenance, update, warranty, liability and any other services and obligations related to the Third Party Offerings will be governed by the applicable policies and procedures of the Third Party Licensor as stated in the applicable Third Party Agreement(s). The Third Party Agreements outline all warranties and representations, if any, offered to you with respect to Third Party Offerings purchased on or through the Platform. Rush makes no representations or warranties relating to, and shall have no liability in connection with, any Third Party Offerings, including without limitation any Services provided by the Third Party Licensor. Third Party Agreements governing your use of Third Party Offerings can be found here: www.rushtruckcenters.com/third-party-offerings. Third Party Licensors may change and update their respective Third Party Agreements from time to time, and Rush will post or otherwise make available to you the updated version. Your continued use of the applicable Third Party Offering means that you accept and agree to such updates and changes, so we encourage you to ensure you are familiar with the most current version at all times.
20. Ownership and Intellectual Property Rights. You understand and agree that nothing in this Agreement or any Offering Document provides you with any right, title or interest in and to any intellectual property (including without limitation copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and/or other intellectual property or proprietary rights) comprised in the Offerings, which will at all times remain the property of Rush or the applicable Third Party Licensor, as applicable. You acknowledge that these intellectual property rights are valid and enforceable and agree that you will not, and you will not permit any third party to, take any actions inconsistent with these rights. You may access and use the Offerings only as permitted by the applicable documentation, including any applicable terms and conditions contained in this Agreement and any Offering Documents and applicable Third Party Agreements. You must not modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, republish, sell, rent, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of any Offering. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and any Offering Documents or any applicable Third Party Agreements regarding the scope of the intellectual property rights, warranties and representations conferred to you, the terms of the Offering Documents and any applicable Third Party Agreements applicable to the relevant Offering will prevail.
You understand and agree that we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that files available for downloading from the Platform or any Offering will be free of viruses or other destructive code. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for anti-virus protection and accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to our Platform for any reconstruction of any lost data. RUSH IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY A DISTRIBUTED DENIAL-OF-SERVICE ATTACK, VIRUSES OR OTHER TECHNOLOGICALLY HARMFUL MATERIAL THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT, COMPUTER PROGRAMS, DATA OR OTHER PROPRIETARY MATERIAL DUE TO YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE PLATFORM OR TO YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON THE PLATFORM OR ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED.
YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK FOR YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENTS, ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE PLATFORM. THE PLATFORM, ITS CONTENTS (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SOURCE DATA), ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH IT IS LINKED AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE PLATFORM, ARE PROVIDED BY RUSH ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS AND WITHOUT RUSH WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, NON-MISAPPROPRIATION, ACCURACY, USE, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE OR TRADE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW BY RUSH AND ITS AFFILIATES AND AGENTS. Because some states do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, the above exclusions may not apply to you. NEITHER RUSH NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR AGENTS WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE PLATFORM OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE PLATFORM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE PLATFORM, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE PLATFORM ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS OR WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CERTAIN OFFERINGS MAY BE COMPUTER NETWORK-BASED SERVICES, WHICH MAY BE SUBJECT TO UNAVAILABILITY, OUTAGES, INTERRUPTIONS, ATTACKS BY THIRD PARTIES AND DELAY OCCURRENCES. RUSH IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELAYS, DELIVERY FAILURES OR OTHER DAMAGE RESULTING FROM SUCH PROBLEMS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR OBTAINING AND MAINTAINING ALL TELEPHONE, CABLE, INTERNET, COMPUTER HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, BROWSERS, COMMUNICATION CONNECTIVITY, BANDWIDTH AND OTHER EQUIPMENT NEEDED TO ACCESS AND USE THE PLATFORM AND THE OFFERINGS, AND ALL CHARGES RELATED THERETO. YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE PLATFORM AND RUSH SERVICES MAY RELY ON THIRD-PARTY SOFTWARE FOR CERTAIN FUNCTIONS AND RUSH MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY, PROMISE OR GUARANTEE TO YOU THAT THE PLATFORM, RUSH SERVICES OR OTHER OFFERINGS WILL BE ERROR FREE, ACCOMPLISH A SPECIFIED PURPOSE OR PERFORM IN ACCORDANCE WITH ANY PARTICULAR STANDARD OR LEVEL, AND RUSH WILL NOT BE LIABILE FOR ANY FAILURE THEREOF. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF RUSH OR ITS LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, USERS OR VISITORS, WHETHER MADE ON THE PLATFORM OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY RUSH WARRANTY. THE PLATFORM AND CONTENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SOURCE DATA) ARE PROVIDED FOR GENERAL INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES AND DO NOT CONSTITUTE PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY AND COMPLETENESS OF ALL CONTENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATON ANY SOURCE DATA) ON THE PLATFORM OR THAT FORMS A PART OF ANY OFFERING, OR ANY WEBSITE WITH WHICH ANY PORTION OF THE PLATFORM OR ANY OFFERING IS LINKED, AND TO OBTAIN ANY NECESSARY PROFESSIONAL ADVICE.
22. Limitations of Liability.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL RUSH, OR ITS PARENT, OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, PARTNERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS, CONSULTANTS, AGENTS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RUSH PARTIES”), BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, INTERRUPTION OR LOSS OF BUSINESS, OR LOST REVENUES, DATA, GOODWILL, PROFITS OF ANY NATURE, OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY (WHETHER CASUED BY TORT, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE), ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE PLATFORM, ANY PLATFORM CONTENT (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SOURCE DATA), ANY WEBSITES WITH WHICH ANY PORTION OF THE PLATFORM IS LINKED, ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED ON OR THROUGH THE PLATFORM OR LINKED WEBSITES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY RUSH SERVICES) OR THE PERFORMANCE OR NON-PERFORMANCE BY RUSH UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY OFFERING DOCUMENT, EVEN IF THE APPLICABLE RUSH PARTY(IES) HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for incidental or consequential damages, the above exclusions and limitations may not apply to you.
THE RUSH PARTIES’ ENTIRE AND EXCLUSIVE AGGREGATE LIABILITY HEREUNDER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IN CONNECTION WITH ANY OFFERING DOCUMENTS, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO RUSH BY YOU DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. This limitation of liability is cumulative with all Rush Party expenditures being aggregated to determine satisfaction of the limit. You hereby releases the Rush Parties from all obligations, liability, claims or demands in excess of this limitation.
THE DAMAGES LIMITATIONS SET FORTH ABOVE AND THE DISCLAIMERS IN SECTION 21 ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN RUSH AND YOU AND YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT SUCH LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMERS ARE REASONABLE AND ESSENTIAL.
23. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Rush Parties from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, judgments, awards, losses, costs, fees (including reasonable attorneys’ and experts’ fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this Agreement or any Offering Document; (b) your use of the Platform, its contents (including without limitation any Source Data) and/or any products or services obtained on or through the Platform other than as expressly authorized herein, including without limitation any allegation that the materials you submit to us or transmit to the Platform, including Customer Data, infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; or (c) any of your other activities in connection with the Platform. You agree not to settle any claim, action, suit or proceeding for which you are indemnifying the Rush Parties in a manner that would impose any obligation on any Rush Party without first obtaining such Rush Party’s prior written consent thereto.
24. Customer Representations and Warranties. You represent and warrant to Rush that (a) your company is duly organized, validly existing and in good standing under the laws of the jurisdiction in which it was organized; (b) you possess the necessary power and authority and have secured the requisite approvals to enter into this Agreement and any Offering Documents, and to carry out your obligations hereunder and thereunder; (c) this Agreement and any Offering Documents between you and Rush are legal, valid and binding agreements enforceable against you in accordance with their respective terms; (d) all information you provide to Rush during the term of this Agreement and any Offering Documents is and will be truthful, complete and accurate; (e) your use of the Platform and any Rush Service will at all times be in accordance with the terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement and the applicable Offering Documents (s) and all applicable laws, rules and regulations; (f) neither you nor any of your officers, directors or employees is located in a United States embargoed country, or is, or has been, named on the United States Treasury Department’s listing of specially designated nationals and blocked persons or is, or has been, otherwise blacklisted by any instrumentality of the United States; and (g) your performance under this Agreement and any Offering Documents between you and Rush will not violate any obligation or duty owed to a third party.
25. Remedies for Breach. If you breach this Agreement or any Offering Document in any way, Rush may pursue all remedies available at law or in equity, including without limitation suspending or prohibiting your access to the Platform, blocking computers using your IP address from accessing the Platform, contacting your Internet service provider to request that they block your access to the Platform, suspending or terminating any Offering Document and your use of any Offerings covered thereby, and/or bringing a legal action against you to recover damages.
26. Termination; Effect of Termination. This Agreement will remain in effect until terminated in accordance with its terms. We may terminate this Agreement and/or any Offering Documents and any applicable Third Party Agreements on five (5) days’ notice to you. We may immediately terminate this Agreement and/or any Offering Documents and any applicable Third Party Agreements: (a) upon the discovery of any breach on your part or if you do not agree to any revisions to this Agreement or any applicable Offering Document(s); (b) if you cease to do business in the normal course or are the subject of any proceeding relating to bankruptcy, liquidation or insolvency; (c) upon the dissolution, termination or cessation of your business; (d) if you sell or dispose of all or substantially all of the assets of your business. Termination of this Agreement shall terminate all outstanding Offering Documents, if any, you have entered into with Rush. Termination of any individual Offering Document will not automatically terminate or otherwise affect this Agreement or any other outstanding Offering Documents or applicable Third Party Agreements. Notwithstanding the reason for or manner of termination of this Agreement and/or any Offering Document, you shall pay all fees due, and make payment for all services rendered and Offerings delivered up to the effective date of such termination, within ten (10) days of such termination date. Your obligation to pay any amounts due at the time of termination shall survive any such termination. Upon any termination of this Agreement and/or any Offering Document, any and all licenses granted under the terminated agreement(s) shall immediately terminate, we may immediately terminate your access to and use of the Platform and/or applicable Offerings, and you agree to immediately stop using the applicable Offerings and stop using and destroy all content (including without limitation any Source Data) obtained from the Platform and/or in connection with any Rush Service and all copies thereof, whether made under the terms of this Agreement or otherwise. Upon termination (other than by reason of your breach) of any Offering Document for Rush Services, Rush will make available to you within thirty (30) days of the date of termination a file of your Customer Data, any estimates generated using applicable services and other operations processed by you through the applicable service. Rush will have no obligation to retain such information and may delete such information at any time thirty (30) days after termination. If Rush terminates an Offering Document for Rush Services due to your breach, your right to use and access such information will immediately terminate and Rush will have no obligation to maintain or forward any such information to you.
27. Survival of Provisions. All disclaimers of warranties, limitations of liability, representations, warranties, indemnification obligations, intellectual property and proprietary rights provisions, governing law provisions, dispute resolution and remedies provisions, termination provisions, miscellaneous provisions and all other provisions that by their nature could be construed to extend beyond the term of this Agreement or any Offering Documents or applicable Third Party Agreements, shall survive any termination of this Agreement and/or any Offering Documents or applicable Third Party Agreements.
28. Notice for California Users. Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California website users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
29. Governing Law; Jurisdiction and Venue. All matters relating to this Agreement or any Offering Document and any dispute or claim arising therefrom or related thereto, including without limitation non-contractual disputes or claims, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of Texas, without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule (whether of the state of Texas or any other jurisdiction). The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods shall not apply. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or any Offering Document shall be instituted exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
30. Limitation on Time to File Claim. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST RUSH OR ITS AFFILIATES ARISING OUT OF, RELATING TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT OR ANY OFFERING DOCUMENT MUST BE COMMENCED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES OR SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION OR CLAIM SHALL BE PERMANENTLY BARRED. You understand and agree that the foregoing provision is both a condition precedent to the right to take such action, and a contractual modification to the statute of limitations for all actions, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, and failure to comply with this condition precedent and contractual statute of limitations shall be an absolute bar to recovery for any problems, issues, rights, claims or causes of action not specifically pled within the one (1) year period.
31. Expenses and Costs. In any claim, litigation, civil action or any other legal or administrative proceeding (“Action”), whether initiated by Rush or you, where you have a right, pursuant to statute, common law or otherwise, to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs in the event you prevail, you agree that Rush shall have the same right to recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs incurred in connection with the Action in the event that Rush prevails.
32. Publicity. You hereby consent to Rush’s use of your company’s name and logo, consistent with any applicable trademark policies you provide in writing to Rush, on Rush customer lists.
33. Force Majeure. Rush shall not be liable for any failures, delays or other non-performance caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control (each a "Force Majeure Event"), including without limitation strikes, labor disputes, fires, floods, accidents, actions of any governmental authorities, acts of God, war, insurrection or riots, failure of vendors or subcontractors, your acts or omissions or failure to give timely information or approval when required, or shortages of or delays in labor, energy, fuel, materials, production facilities or transportation.
34. Conflicts with Offering Documents. In the event of a conflict between this Agreement and an Offering Document, this Agreement will control unless all of the following apply: (i) the Offering Document clearly identifies the applicable section of this Agreement that is to be modified; and (ii) the Offering Document clearly states that such provision supersedes the conflicting or inconsistent provision in this Agreement. Any other attempt to alter or amend this Agreement will be deemed void and have no effect. Any modifications to this Agreement contained within an Offering Document are effective as to that Offering Document only and will not modify this Agreement for any other purpose whatsoever.
35. Notices. Rush may send you any notices required or permitted under this Agreement by (a) email to the email address listed in your account contact information, (b) facsimile or certified mail (return receipt requested) to the facsimile number or contact address listed in your account contact information or (c) posting on or through the Platform. You may send Rush any notices required or permitted under this Agreement by certified mail (return receipt requested) addressed as follows: Rush Administrative Services, Inc., ATTN: Legal Department, 555 I.H. 35 South, Suite 500, New Braunfels, TX 78130.
36. Miscellaneous. This Agreement and any Offering Documents you enter into by ordering and/or using Offerings (including any amendments hereto or thereto and any documents or policies incorporated herein or therein by reference) constitute the entire agreement between you and Rush concerning the subject matter covered thereby and supersede all prior or contemporaneous agreements, proposals and communications, whether oral or written, between you and Rush relating to such subject matter. There are no promises, covenants, agreements, representations, or undertakings other than those expressly set forth herein and in the Offering Documents with respect to such subject matter. Any additional or different terms proposed by you in any documents are expressly objected to without need of further notice of objection and are of no effect and will not be binding on Rush. No terms on any pre-printed purchase order, invoice or other document you generate shall modify this Agreement even if signed by Rush. You agree to comply with all relevant export laws and regulations of the United States to ensure that no software, information or technical data provided pursuant to or in connection with this Agreement or any Offering Document or applicable Third Party Agreements is exported or re-exported directly or indirectly in violation of law. You may not assign or otherwise transfer this Agreement, any Offering Document, or any right or obligation set forth herein or therein without Rush’s prior written consent. Any purported assignment in violation of the preceding will be void and of no effect. Rush may assign this Agreement and any Offering Document to another person or entity at any time upon written notice to you. Subject to the foregoing, this Agreement and any Offering Documents will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties and their respective successors and permitted assigns. If a provision of this Agreement or any Offering Document is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be modified to the extent necessary to render it enforceable without losing its intent, or shall be severed from the applicable agreement if no such modification is possible and the remaining terms will remain in full force and effect. No failure or delay by a party in exercising any right, power or remedy will operate as a waiver of such right, power or remedy, and no waiver will be effective unless it is in writing and signed by the waiving party. If either party waives any right, power or remedy, such waiver will not waive any successive or other right, power or remedy the party may have under this Agreement or any Offering Document. Where Rush’s affiliates, licensors, agents or other representatives (and/or their respective successors and assigns) are referenced herein, they are intended third party beneficiaries of this Agreement. Titles or headings to the sections of this Agreement and any Offering Documents shall not in any way affect the interpretation of any provision or condition thereof, and are inserted only for convenience.
Your acceptance of this Agreement confirms that you have received and were provided an opportunity to review the entire Agreement.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE THE PLATFORM OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED ON OR THROUGH THE PLATFORM. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE ANY PORTION OF THE PLATFORM AND WILL NOT HAVE ACCESS TO ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE PLAFORM.
Last Modified February 2, 2016